PMR is a central University resource for DMPs
Project Management Resources (PMR) provides resources and training on University policies and procedures for schools and departments that choose to manage facilities and infrastructure improvement projects with their own staff. These projects are known as Departmentally Managed Projects, or DMPs.
All DMP projects must meet the conditions of Stanford University's DMP Policy. Through the DMP program, schools and departments assume the responsibility and accountability of program and project management with the expectation that they follow all requirements and processes presented in the DMP Policy, including any jurisdictional permitting regulations.
Project Management Resources helps schools and departments deliver successful projects through training, resource guidance, and enhanced communications.
As a central University resource, PMR's objective is to:
- Train and certify DMP Project Managers
- Serve as a resource for project managers on University policies and procedures
- Aggregate and communicate information about DMP projects across schools and departments
- Offer resource guidance and assist with coordination between University departments
- Coordinate construction logistics awareness to improve understanding of all campus construction projects
- Represent Stanford University as liaison and point of contact with Santa Clara County for project execution